Thursday, January 20

Recently

Last weekend Ryan came to stay with us. It was awesome.

(Ryan - Sorry I forgot to text you back to tell you how awesome it was but sometimes I forget about text messages and how people like responses, just ask Kari, but hopefully saying that it was awesome in my blog will tell you, if you still read my blog, how awesome it was and though I am oversimplifying and possibly stripping the word of its meaning, it is all just to say that your presence in Santa Barbara was felt as much as your absence, which is a lot.)

We had many wonderful, peaceful, comfortable, humorous moments but I have to say that my favorite was Saturday morning. I woke up early, woke Ryan up and we both headed down to Backyard Bowls for breakfast. We both had the steel cut oatmeal with fresh fruit. We talked for a while and when Evan joined us we walked out to State, deliberated left or right, and headed right to the beach. Then, walking out onto the Wharf we came upon a small crowd cheering on a line of kayaks racing into the harbor. Only, it turned out to be kayaks, canoes and paddle boards all competing in one odd, completely underwhelming race.

Still it was fun and I took it as proof of my latest theory, "cool stuff doesn't happen unless you leave the apartment." The basis of this theory is the presupposition that if a kind old person is ever to donate a million dollars to me after our encounter in a coffee shop, I have to be in a coffee shop first. Which, I realize that even in Montecito, is kind of worse odds than the lottery. Still, it gets me out of the apartment.

Anyways, the weekend was really fun and quite a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment