Friday, May 4

Strange Happenings in El Segundo

I am at a Starbucks in El Segundo waiting for my friend Evan to arrive at lax and without anyone immediate to talk to I am turning to this old thing.

First of all, I have been here about an hour and a half. A little over an hour ago started frappachino happy hour. Right before it happened the staff started really panicking and I overheard one of them saying that hopefully all of the girls don't show up right at three. I thought this was funny until an hour and a half later, the Starbucks is fully inundated with teenage girls giggling and sipping their outrageously flavored frappachinos. At least a hundred have came and went so far, it is amazingthis preteen propensity for flavored coffee slushies.

Second, I am minding my own business, doing some steel design homework when out of the crowd of girls steps a handsome looking man in a grey suit, no tie. He asks if I am doing design work or homework. I say HW and he says that's great, where do I go to school? I say UCI and as it turns out he is both a structural engineer and UCI alum. He invited me to stop by the office and I think I will, definitely, at least the next time I am in El Segundo, getting squeezed out of a Starbucks by teenagers needing a frappachino fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment