I am at Satellite Coffee and am struggling to find the energy to write this post. I am writing though, because it makes me feel good and it is on my weekend checklist. Which, if you are curious, is something I scrawl in red colored pencil on a 3x5 card every friday for the past two fridays. It looks like this:
I am writing because it feels good. It feels like I am sharing and it feels like I am creating. It is expressive and I need some more of that. "I am an artist and that I something I have recently lost touch of" - Santana Lopez.
Last weekend the annual International Balloon Fiesta started in Albuquerque. Due to happy coincidence, our friend Becky was in town visiting and I didn't have to go alone while Kari worked the morning shift.
It was awesome.
And now I want to share a still from a video I took while a man moved his balloon across the parking lot. In the video he declares himself the modern Queen of Sheba and tells the story about how he found his wig. The punchline...
he got it at a Walmart in New York. The video is awesome but I posted this still to Instagram, believing it one of the most awesome photos I have ever took. Hot-air balloon, flames, fire symbol on the basket, Santa-figured man in blue wig and hawaiian shirt forging ahead, flying in the face of gravity. Needless to say it did not get a million likes (which it clearly deserves) and so I have chosen to repost the photo, to live eternally on this blog, that gets even fewer visitors than my Instagram.
No comments:
Post a Comment