~
This is a picture of the Lackawanna County Commissioners office that I snapped on the bus ride from NYC after Spring Break. Lackawanna County, is itself unremarkable. I only took this picture because I wanted to document the fact that I was making a pilgrimage to SCRANTON PENNSYLVANIA! One of the department stores had a Dunder Mifflin sign in the window and that just made me happy.~
The weekend after Spring Break was Easter Weekend. A few of us decided to find a sunrise service and the only one was in a town about 10 miles outside of Ithaca. Four of us showed up at 6:30 for a service that consisted of a middle school boy leading worship, a youth pastor who forgot his sermon notes, and a congregation of about fifteen people. After the 20 minute service we went inside for breakfast where we were quickly introduced to everyone who was ever connected to Cornell - "This is Brian, he worked on Cornell's air conditioning twenty years ago." I have not felt so welcomed at a church in my entire life. We sat at a table with the pastor and had a great time rejoicing in the occasion.A couple of hours later I attended another service downtown and afterward we headed to my friend Trevor's lake house where I snapped this pic. It is actually his boss's house and Trevor lives in the guest quarters but still, his boss lives in India and we had full run of the property. So after a morning of celebrating the traditional way, we celebrated Christ's resurrection down at the lake shore with cold beer and red meat.
~
Last week the graduate students were offered a tour of the construction site in our backyard (Milstein Hall - the new architecture building). We got to wear those awesome red hard hats and look at concrete with our dean and structures professor. It was actually pretty cool to see the structural elements that we have been learning about this semester and to have our professor there to make those connections made it especially worthwhile.
~
These past three weeks have been one big project after the next. When it came time to write my 20 page history paper I decided I needed a change of scenery and headed up to Mann Library in the agriculture quad. In a last ditch effort to do anything but my paper I found this stool under my desk and decided to take a picture. "Please do not discriminate against midget colleagues."
No comments:
Post a Comment