Wednesday, April 28

It Is Free Latte Day!

This day has been a long time in the making, nine coffees to be exact, nine coffees from the same place.

Then there is the waiting. After I max out on stamps, stickers, hole punches or whatever the coffee card requires, I like to sit on it for a bit. I stop frequenting that particular coffee establishment and wait for the right time to cash in. You see, after buying nine, sometimes ten, regular coffees the entire world of espresso opens up. A free coffee, doesn't just mean a small, drip coffee. A free coffee means any size, type, flavor of coffee you could dream of. A free coffee, also means, a good day.

So you can see why I wait to cash these babies in and today was one of those days.

There was not anything wrong with my morning that made me need a free latte. It was just the moment I walked out my front door I decided. Today was a free latte day.

So instead of walking across the street to the bus stop, I turned right and headed down the hill. The whole time my wallet was burning in my back pocket. At the bottom of the hill, was Collegetown bagels and FREE, large vanilla latte.

At the counter I always act surprised. "Oh wow, I think today is my free coffee day."

The thing is, I think I am fairly transparent. The cashier is always genuinely happy for me and I think it is because they can sense my excitement.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to when I can buy you lattes whenever you want...although perhaps it is the infrequency that makes it so great. I like you.

    ReplyDelete