Ok, I am in a weird place right now. It is transitional, it is temporary, it is not a bad place, it is just a weird place.
Drew (roommate) is undergoing some fairly significant changes. He just went Apple crazy, bought a macbook pro, an iPhone, cases for both and even some paid apps (getting real crazy). This is even more unsettling as for the past three years Drew has been among the small number of people who contested Apple's superiority. He would have heated arguments with people he barely knew about how much better a PC was and how people only bought apple to be seen with an apple.
This change of Drew's is however, shadowed by the still larger move he plans to make to New York. These plans have rapidly accelerated in the past few weeks and we are now talking about him moving out at the end of the month. (Note for mutual friends: don't freak out, Eccl. 1:2)
Evan (other roommate) is undergoing similar changes. He also recently became the proud owner of an iPhone and is also contemplating the future in serious terms.
These major developments have put a timeline on our little Country Club Commune and have accelerated my anxiety about the near future. This anxiety will subside. Even though applications are submitted I still have a substantial list of things to be doing in the meantime such as pursuing new creative outlets, planning for summer, becoming an amateur ornithologist. I also have to continue training for a half marathon, go to the bank, order contacts, get groceries, and do countless other menial tasks just to maintain life.
Still, I can't help but feel unsettled when so many things remain in the air and new tasks are constantly arising.
Laundry! I always forget about laundry. The worst part about always forgetting laundry is occasionally remembering. Occasionally remembering laundry is always remembering an impending underwear shortage.
Leave me some directions and I will do your laundry when I get there on Friday.
ReplyDeleteI love you.
I am going to buy two I-Pad 2's when they come out. Your Dad
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI knew this day would come for Drew. I love it!!
ReplyDelete