Thursday, June 30

GTBKOC: Palo Verde Graduate Housing

So it is nine o'clock and let's face it. I am not going anywhere else tonight. It is has been a long day. Full of eight hours of work and two hours of class.  Anyways, now seems like a good time to give you a tour of my current living situation.


So here it is! That is the door to my apartment. Inside are mysteries I'll save for a later date. In the meantime, there it is. That plant looks sad and dead and well, it is. Still, I like the austerity and it is something unique to stop me from entering the wrong apartment.


That is my building on the right. Our apartment is on the top floor and if you look carefully, between the branches you can the window to my room. You can't tell from this shot but I can actually see all the way to Costa Mesa from up there.


Palo Verde houses exclusively graduate students and their families but it is massive and, at the right angles, would have made Piranesi gasp.


Still, at other angles it is quite nice.


It even has its own garden area where willing residents can sign up for plots.


Also, I now live in the land of baby trees.


And here it is in all its splendor, adorning the very edge of UCI's campus.


This was fun, was it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment