The Richman Group Company Headquarters in Connecticut
Quite a bit has happened recently but I'll start with the most exciting news. I am employed again!
The Hamilton, a Richman Group development in New York
About two weeks ago I received an email from the Cornell AAP (Architecture Art and Planning) career services about a full time summer position working for a development company. I probably get an email from them about once a month with job opportunities but they are normally located in New York or Chicago. However, this job would be in Yorba Linda, California, or about halfway in between Irvine and Loma Linda. Convenient.
I whipped up a great cover letter and sent that off with my resume. A few hours later I had an interview lined up for the following Monday. The catch came on Sunday when I got a second email requesting that I bring a pro forma along with me. I had to look up what a pro forma was and even then, had to call my good friend Tanner to have him explain it to me.
I emailed back and explained that if they were looking for an analyst I don't have any experience as such. Luckily, they emailed back and said they were still interested in meeting.
The interview took place at a Starbucks in Yorba Linda. Even though the Richman Group has some ten billion dollars worth of real estate holdings, they do not yet have an office in California. Pam, the woman who was interviewing me, came out to California to start TRG Pacific Development (TRG stands for The Richman Group) three years ago and has been so busy with proposals and construction that finding an office hasn't been a priority until now. Anyways, the interview went great and a few days later I was hired!
Not a Richman Group holding, "the Michelson"
I have been telling everyone this but, it turns out a Cornell connection is worth more than any actual experience or knowledge.
Oh and I work mostly from home, more on that later, but every once in a while I get to go out. Yesterday I attended a reception for the Urban Land Initiative on the roof garden of the newest and tallest building in Orange County.
Sky Garden on top of the Michelson, my apartment is right where the railing meets the far wall




You're back to blogging and I love it! See you in about 13 days!!!
ReplyDelete