Friday, December 21

NXSW

It is the Friday before Christmas. I am still working, just remotely and currently in a busy coffee and crepe shop in the south of Salem. However, I am allowed a short break mid morning. So I am going to take 10 minutes to tell about my recent flight experience.

Southwest, is not just my new favorite airline but one of my new favorite things.

To start, last weekend Kari and I were working out logistics of our upcoming trip. Finding it easier to fly into San Diego I set out to see what it would take to change my flight from Ontario to San Diego. Having an absolutely horrible experience with changing flights in the past, I wasn't hopeful. However, southwest does not charge a fee for changing flights, just the difference in cost of the tickets, which was about twelve dollars.

I didn't realize this immediately but it was twelve dollars cheaper to fly out of San Diego. So, a few days before my flight I change tickets to San Diego and I actually get money back! I am sold at this point.

Finally, the day of the trip arrives. I show up with two bags, check them sans fees, and get on the plane. At this point the pilot announces that the flight is only about half full so that we should feel free to spread out and take up as much space as we like.

I had to transfer planes in San Jose and when I arrived I discovered that the flight was delayed by about half an hour. I didn't mind but when the delayed plane shows up and everyone gets on board the captain comes on and tells us that because we are awesome, having boarded so quickly, and because Southwest is awesome, scheduling flights with a fifteen minute buffer, we are actually going to be on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment