Saturday, April 3

Sunshine

I apologize in advance for this blog post. For the first time this year it is above seventy degrees and sunny outside. My body is so excited my brain wants to be everywhere, doing everything at once. Of course this only means that I am giving half of these tasks a quarter of the required time with only an eighth of my concentration... So it goes.

Ithaca is Fences:
You may have heard about the recent string of suicides at Cornell and one of the preventative measures Cornell has taken, discovered by the students upon their return to campus, was to install temporary 10ft chain link fences on all of the bridges around campus.

100%:
On a lighter note, I just found out I aced my structures midterm and since no one at Cornell knows about my blog, I feel free to share it here.

East Coast Prep:
Cornellians cling to the Ivy League because it puts them in league with kids from Harvard (like Greece, the EU, and Germany). However, with the recent resurgence of the sun there is definitely something Ivy League about Cornell: the prep. A third of the guys on campus are rocking the long-sleeve button down, shorts, and boat-shoes combo. I am poking fun but at the same time, sort of tempted :)

Ducky:
I went on a run yesterday for the first time this year. I went down the hill from my house to downtown Ithaca and followed a stream that leads from the Cascadilla gorge (between my house and Cornell) to Cayuga lake. As I was running I noticed a single duck paddling downstream with the current. He was hardly using energy and looked at me with curiosity as he sped by on the smooth but quick channel.

Eat Dessert First:
Yesterday was equally beautiful outside and as studio was wrapping up a few of us were deciding on what to do to take advantage of the weather. The answer was obvious: Ice Cream. We headed into Ithaca to Purity Ice Cream and it was AWESOME. When we finished our treats we decided to go over to Five Guys (East Coast In-N-Out) for dinner. We sat outside and were truly in awe of life. The best part of the whole experience is that as we were leaving we saw a dad with his two sons that we had just seen at Purity. We realized we were emulating the ideal diet of a 9yr old boy.

1 comment:

  1. That was the best blog I have seen this year. I laughed a lot. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete