The four-day sale began today in the basement of the central library. Instead of queuing up at 8:00am like a madman, I decided to use the event as a motivational tool, "submit this job application and then you can go to book sale." So I did just that.
The only problem is that when I arrived there were already a ton of people there. I was worried that the good stuff would have been long gone. Still, I started browsing the different tables, "Classic Literature," "Fiction," "Poetry," "Mystery," "Art," etc. I would pick up books that I definitely wanted and some that I might have wanted but didn't want to get stolen by the crowd. I was surprised by how many treasures had remained and before long my right arm was fully extended to press the stack of books to my chest.
I ended narrowing the stack down to twelve. Brought those treasures to the check out. Total cost: $5.25! I was ecstatic and couldn't believe my luck. I wanted to get out of there before they changed their minds. I actually felt my heart rate go up.
I wish I had known about this! Good purchasing.
ReplyDelete