I look forward to breakfast. When I lay down at night, I get excited about it. Breakfast is one of the few consistently good motivators for waking up early. When I have a box of Quaker Oat Squares or even better, granola + fruit + yogurt, I go to sleep like it is Christmas Eve. Of course the corollary to this is that when I am out of milk, cereal or yogurt, I dread the new day.
I had such a night a few days ago.
That is why I was ecstatic to walk out and find three Starbucks paper bags, filled with pastries. There were croissants, blueberry scones and petite vanilla scones. There was a whole bag of coffee cake and cinnamon crumble cake. There were three different types of bagels.
Reed, our new roommate, works at Starbucks and had closed the night before. Apparently they have to get rid of their pastries each day.
You guys struck gold with Reed it sounds like. Now you just have to get his closing to be synchronized with your running out of milk.
ReplyDelete