That's right, tis the season, of Girl Scout Cookies.
On Wednesday I had just finished with my theory lecture and was walking into Rand Hall, home of the architecture studios. Just inside, on the first floor, there were three little blond girls and one mom. They were busily employed setting up a table and had lugged up to Rand as many boxes as those little arms could carry. Judging by the number of boxes behind the table, they must have made at least a dozen trips to the car.
This was the scene as it unfolded at approximately 11:45am. When I came back down the stairs just before noon, they were gone.
Let's just say it was a smart move by a few future entrepreneurs. Keep in mind that most architecture students spend about 75% of their time in Rand and I am not just talking about waking hours. So when these cute little ambassador's of a timeless tradition set up shop, they cleared their inventory in about 15 minutes.
The guy who walked into Rand behind me, a Master's student, asked if they would accept a check. "Yes? Great I will take seven boxes of Thin Mints." As I was walking up the stairs I was nearly trampled by student's rushing to the opportunity below.
I just thought this a great anecdote in terms of the work environment here.
No comments:
Post a Comment