Last weekend was hands down the best of my semester. We did not do much but every moment was worth it.

It was the perfect Fall weekend, not only in the company but also in terms of the weather. The colors of Ithaca in the Fall are outrageously beautiful and while the leaves began to turn a while ago, the ground is currently carpeted with the fallen foliage.

This is actually a stream that is down and across the street from me

The weekend was filled with good food and coffee. Kari's birthday was last Tuesday and so I used the weekend to treat her to as many birthday treats as I could.

Saturday night I took her out for dessert at a restaurant that does not print a dessert menu, instead they let their patrons walk up to a glass, refrigerated bar that contains cakes, mousses, tarts, truffles, etc. and choose with their eyes. It was important that the dessert be perfect because Kari had not had dessert in three months. She had a rich, flour-less chocolate cake and I had a blueberry crumble tart a la mode.

Sunday we went out to a late breakfast at a place in town called the Mate Factor. It is run by a pseudo-psycho-religious group who live communally, make their own clothes, and cook amazing food. After breakfast I had to walk off the richest Belgian waffle I have ever had and so we headed down to the lake inlet.

It was a great weekend. Monday when time for studio began to loom closer, I decided that the better decision would be to keep Kari to myself for a little longer and ride the bus with her to the airport. In terms of studio the only acceptable excuse for skipping is death or the swine flu. So I emailed my professor, told him I was not going to make it but was going to take my girlfriend to the airport.
The next day I found out he came into studio and simply said, "Aparrarently... John thinks that taking his girlfriend to the airport is an acceptable excuse to miss studio..." My classmates, probably relieved that they would not have to cover for me, quickly pointed out that in the very least I was honest.
Anyways, Jim was pleased with what I had to show on Wednesday and even teased me about it yesterday. This is good, but it would have been worth it either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment