I don't have class on Fridays until 9:00am and since I didn't have anything due today, I took my time getting ready. I still added a couple of extra layers as I was getting dressed. It is supposed to be in the low 30's today and I didn't want a repeat of yesterday's near-death experience. Then, because I wasn't rushed, I decided to walk to school.
There were some cars on the road with snow on their roofs but I figured they must live further outside of town. Then, about halfway there, it starts snowing again.
Finally, when I reach campus, there is snow on the ground and even better, snow frosting the trees. It was an incredible sight.
I stopped, made a few snow balls, and must have looked like an idiot with the dumb grin on my face.
I went into Olin library to pick up some reference material for studio, was directed across the walkway to Uris library, found what I needed in the stacks that had a ceiling approximately 6'5" off the ground, and stumbled into the Kinkeldey Room, which is where I took these pictures.
I don't get out of the AAP much, which is a shame. However, the positive side is that when I make new discoveries, such as these leather chairs and ottomans looking out over Ithaca, it is all the more exciting. This might be my new favorite place. Then again, the library just opened and I have it all to myself, which might affect the serenity of the room.
Reading about your morning makes me smile and takes me back to my first semester at Utah State. There is a certain childlike joy to the newness of living in an environment with real changes in weather. Enjoy the moment! All too soon the wonder will fade and it will just be snow...
ReplyDelete