I have been in the extreme cold before and that is why it is surprising that I have found so many occasions in the past two days to let go of my dignity. I think it is having to find the ideal medium of warm clothing, so as to brave the cold but also be prepared to sweat while walking up hill and shed layers upon arrival. Anyways here are my top three moments:
Embarrassing moment 1:
Walking home from studio at night I had to say goodbye to Kari because it was too cold to hold the phone. It was around two in the morning and in my semi-hypothermic state I try to wrap my scarf to cover my entire face. The problem was that breathing into my scarf caused my glasses to fog and I fell into giant pile of leaves on the side of the walkway.
Embarrassing moment 2:
This morning I missed the bus and had to walk to class. Normally I don't mind walking but it was near freezing outside. I decided to break into a jog to get the blood flowing and halfway up the Slope I realized that was only bringing the cold air into my lungs at an accelerated rate. Never before have I been cold ON THE INSIDE... I thought I might die.
Embarrassing moment 3:
Walking home tonight I zipped my jacket up all the way and put my face inside to the effect that I looked like Darth Vader without his mask.
I am on a break in the middle of class reading this - i had to catch myself from laughing out loud. I hope you get warm soon!
ReplyDelete-C