
This is the gorge that I have to cross on my walk to class. There is a waterfall directly under the bridge but I couldn't get that angle. Last night a wooden chair decided that this abject life is not worth living and cast itself over the edge. Today as I walked by I noticed the corpse and paused to think what could make a chair's life so terrible... I'll probably never know. I distracted myself from the horror by imagining myself a part of an Umberto Eco novel, inventing a secret society that the diabolicals of Cornell would take for a reality.

Once I get up the hill from my house this is the first part of Cornell that I see: the Libe Slope. It is the worst part of my day... well at least it is a very discouraging part.

And what is the difference between the worst and best part of my day? About 300 feet. That is Cayuga Lake in the background. I also recently started to reread
The Crying of Lot 49 and it opens with a satirical comment about a sunrise from Cornell's slope (the slope faces West) and it turns out the author went to Cornell.

And this is the architecture building! It obviously home to the campus intelligentsia.
Hope this gives you a picture of my day-to-day life. Now that I have concluded the apartment tours I think I will start taking you all around Ithaca.
No comments:
Post a Comment