So to my surprise, my studio apartment has actually one extra room. I have taken to calling it, "The Drawing Room." It houses my desk, a radiator, and the majority of windows. I am actually quite fond of it and if you talk to me on the phone, chances are that I am sitting right there.
That lamp by the way, is called an "architect's lamp." After we saw the label in target we just had to buy it.
This is a shot with the mirror...
This is my tiny bathroom. Like my tiny kitchen, it is cute. The toilet is always running and a constant reminder that I live in a house that has lived for much longer than I. I know you can't see this from the picture but the light fixture actually has an outlet underneath and I plug my electric toothbrush into that, and store it behind the mirror, pretty cool huh?
My shower. I usually take cold showers in the afternoon. They are pointless because I start to sweat the minute I dry off.I am sorry if this post is a little less fluent than others. I actually went out for the first time tonight. I was hanging out with the other M.Arch I students at a place called Collegetown Bagels, which serves everything from bagels to ice cream to beer to sangria. The latter of which we had several carafes and I am afraid to say, that my tolerance is not quite up to date with our generations standards. In any case, I really enjoyed our time together and it does look like we will be spending a lot of time together so I appreciated getting to know these people outside of our architectural interests.
I think that I will be able to survive here, but I do miss you all terribly.
Reading a Thomas Pynchon novel at the moment, he actually went to Cornell... weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment