Friday, August 7

I'M IN NEW YORK!

I will give a more detailed account of the experience a bit later for the moment I just wanted to say I made it safely. My Dad and I arrived in Syracuse at 9:30 yesterday morning, picked up our bags and a rental car, and drove strait to my apartment in Ithaca. Neither of us slept more than a wink on the plane and suffice it to say, I was not in the best mood. We also had a couple of setbacks that were fairly disheartening and the apartment was not clean when we got there (you know how I like things clean). Ha the apartment....

Well to begin with, it is on the second floor of a converted house. When we arrived the first thing we noticed was the peeling paint and the fact that the first floor was a wreck with construction. I will give a much more detailed account of that later as well (with pictures). However, we ran several errands and after eating at a local restaurant for dinner we returned to what I could now see, is a very charming residence. The porch and foyer were lit against the twilight and to my surpise were both cleared and vacuumed. I began to see it as a home.

Anyways I have to run, my Dad and I just ate lunch at the college and we have more errands. Look for better posts later. Here is me in one of Cornells DC's:

No comments:

Post a Comment