So where to begin? Right, the apartment.
I decided that the best way to introduce my new living situation is through a series of posts, one a day dedicated to different parts of the apartment. I will also include other posts as to the situation at hand, what I am doing with life and the like.
So... the apartment! Today: the House.

This is my house. It is on E. State St, halfway between Collegetown and the Commons, the two commercial centers of town (Ithaca is a town not a city), and about a mile south of campus. However, I am on one of the main streets of Ithaca and constant traffic gives the place a real urban feel. The place is midway in elevation between the campus/Collegetown and the Commons, which means, it is on the side... of a mountain. The slope of the street out front is about thirty degrees.
Two things worth noting.
This is the south side of the building and my window is the furthest one you see on the right on the second story. There are four apartments on the second floor and my studio occupies the right hand side and is actually fairly sizeable.
The sign in the foreground reads "No Standing, Any Time <-->." Similar signs are located all over Ithaca and have similarly ambiguous arrows pointing this way and that. My favorite are the paired signs: "No Parking, Any Time <-" and "No Standing, Any Time ->." My Dad and I crack up everytime we see one as we have yet to figure out their meaning. He says that at least he didn't just graduate.

Anyways, here is a shot from the back of the house. The windows you see in the center are mine. The one to the right of the stairs is my kitchen, the one directly to the left of the stairs is my bath room, and two further to the left are part of what I like to call, the "drawing room."
The third floor is all one apartment and yes, it does have an inside entrance. The renter is actually a cool guy, my second friend in the building, and we are going to split the cost of internet service.
Downstairs is currently unoccupied.
No comments:
Post a Comment