Wednesday, August 19

GTBKI: Ithaca Coffee Co.

If I walk out my door, down the stairs to the street, turn right and walk for about four minutes (at some point crossing the street) I will have arrived at a new set of buildings called the Gateway Commons. Housed in the eastern tower is a small coffee shop that also specializes in gourmet food (olive oils, chocolates, teas, etc.).

Our second day in Ithaca we visited this spot and as I ordered my latte my dad explored around back. A few seconds later I hear him laugh and as he is returning to order, he tells me to go back there and take a look. The coffee shop is in front and towards the back is a smaller area with a bar, a couple of tables, and shelves full of every tea or coffee accessory imaginable. In between these two areas, is a hallway that turns to the right and leads to this area, hidden behind the bar.



Ithaca is a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment