Saturday, August 29

GTBKI: Warren Miller Heller House

This is the Miller Heller house. It was built in 1876 by the first graduate of Cornell's architecture program. It is now owned by the AAP (Architecture Art and Planning) School and is used both for housing various adjunct professors and hosting various school events. On Thursday when I went to the graduate reception, it was here.

Our first studio project as M.Arch ones is actually centered around this house. We are going to plan a dinner party. I know it sounds like something better suited for someone in the school of hotel management but really it is an exercise to do with space... I'll let you know how it goes.

The nice thing about all this is that the house is only two blocks up from me. So today when I had to wake up to go and measure the inside, it was not that far of a walk.

In other news, the summer is fading away and about a half an hour ago the rain started again. I am actually enjoying it, especially as I do not have to leave my apartment again if I do not want to.

1 comment: