This is Uris Library and the Cornell Tower. Some of the great panoramas I have taken are from that overlook. This is a perspective from the Slope.
Another perspective. This one from outside of the bookstore.
When it is a straight on view from one of the sides it is called an "elevation." Other lingo: a "section" is a vertical slice through the building and a "plan" is a section taken at a horizontal plane (~4ft up) looking down on the layout of the building.
Some I am less happy with than others. This is Sage Chapel. It is directly across the walkway from the Cornell Tower.
A perspective of Sage, also done by the entrance to the bookstore.
Another perspective of Sage.
This is Barnes Hall. This is the North elevation and I am sitting on top of the bookstore sunning myself while I finished this (The bookstore is a hobit-like structure, built under a small hill)
Barnes from the walkway.
Barnes from the other entrance to the bookstore. (See the hill)
Barnes from in front of Willard Straight.Overall I was really pleased with my perspective drawings but failed at the overall assignment... I did not focus as much on the "space" as the building.
wow, i'm really impressed with your drawings!!! You're doing a great job at keeping up with your blog!!
ReplyDeleteFailed? F that. Those drawings are great John. Really. I really want to come out to see you and have you show me around. Your blog only whets my appetite for your presence and voice.
ReplyDelete