I just wanted to let everyone know that I will not be updating my blog for a couple days due to Friday being my first "review." We have been working on the Dining Room Project for a while now and before we can wrap it up we need to have a review. This type of event happens every now and then in architecture school and is comprised of us bringing down statements, pictures, sketches, final drawing and model to Sibley where we present our idea to a jury (not kidding, it is literally called a jury) of other faculty and staff members, who then proceed to rip the project, and our lives, to shreds.
Legend goes that one notoriously dramatic architect, while teaching at Harvard, asked a girl who was giving a presentation to go and get a glass of water. While she was gone he set her model on fire. The water was to put out the flames.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that but even if does I would just laugh. Bullies.
So it goes.
Anyways I will post my drawing and model for everyone to see what I have been doing. I finished the drawing but now have to complete the model. I just passed my shop test and am ready for "go time."
Funny story, the last three weeks we have been having orientation and training in the shop. We had a big list of vocab and shop procedures to study and take a final test, demonstrating our competency. We heard this test was cake so four of us guys strolled into the shop last Friday, beaming with confidence. Two had studied and two were relying on memory, I was one of the latter. Well, the test was A LOT harder than we all thought and there were a couple of things covered in the paperwork and not in the sessions. We needed an 80% to pass. I got a 78.5%.
One and half points is way to close of a margin and I quickly scanned the test, found an ambiguous question worth 2 points. He had to give it to me, 80.5%! The shop manager just laughed and called me a little bastard.
Hi John! I hope you don't think it's creepy that I found your blog and read around. I'm really enjoying it so far and am thankful for the effort you are putting forth in updating everything! I hope the review goes well on Friday that you have a restful (if that's possible) weekend! An abundance of peace and grace for you this week!
ReplyDeletekate thielicke