Thursday, September 17

Hardcore

Life hasn't exactly been easy these past couple of weeks but I just realized something. I am FREAKING hardcore.

Here are the top 14 reasons why:

14. I don't just pack a lunch, I pack dinner too.
13. When I have time to do laundry it is because I haven't had clean clothes for at least two days
12. To do laundry I throw on a backpack and lug two bags up a Lombard-like incline, except without the curves.
11. I typically get to campus before 8:00am and don't leave until after 8:00pm.
10. I walk home because the buses have stopped working. It is often raining.
9. My backpack utilizes all compartments and side holders for an umbrella, aluminum water bottle, travel mug, lunch, dinner, camera, computer and calculator. Not to mention any books and notebooks necessary for the day.
8. I am taking 19 credits as a graduate student.
7. I had a cold last week and CONQUERED it in two days.
6. I am surviving on cereal, coffee, turkey sandwiches, bananas, and wild rice RiceRoni.
5. Every week I double what I know about architecture (a pace I probably will not be able to keep)
4. When I take breaks, I read
3. I go to CORNELL
2. Which happens to be such a secular institution that their daily paper will include either the word "fuck" or articles too explicit for me to even name the subjects...


And the number one reason I am so hardcore:
1. The past two days have actually been enjoyable.

And I'm still in studio right now!!!!

Anyways, some other highlights from the past two days.
- I attended two lectures... just for fun. One was about new methods of fabrication and modular architecture. The other was more historical and focused on 20th century monastic architecture in Thailand.
- My favorite class right now is Theory and Analyses of Architecture I. I leave that class feeling intellectual. Quote from this week: "We have to hurry we only have an hour and a half left."
- I walked by one guy today who looked pretty normal. That is until, strait-faced, he pulls out a yo-yo and throws down.
- I walked by one girl today who looked anything but normal. She had bright pink hair, a flannel shirt, plaid shorts, white leggings, and bright yellow hightop sneakers.

2 comments:

  1. John - I'm glad that the past two days have been enjoyable. And yes, you are hardcore. Like, so hardcore that if one was to look it up in the dictionary, your picture would be right there below the definition.

    (i'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of months!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to be
    happy to hear of your good day
    hang in there
    :)

    C

    ReplyDelete