Wednesday, September 2

Through the desert with a plant with no name


Today...
Today I woke up at 6:30am. I was at Cornell by 7:30am. I just got home.

This plant is a new, welcome addition to my apartment. I actually just rearranged the apartment and keep the futton up most of the time. It is now arranged to divide the space into a living/bedroom and a dining room/hallway. The effect is really quite sublime... if I am to be blithe with my diction. I just wish I had more time to spend here.

The plant is located in my living room / bedroom and I have already grown quite attached. Yesterday I called the florist for help identifying the plant. After all, I need to know how to take care of it. The responsibility scares me just a bit. The last plant I had, Nani the bamboo plant, was the lowest maintenance plant ever. Throw her some sunshine every now and then, water every two months with love... magic.

Anyways, the florist today referred me to the gardener, who was not in, which is just as well as he would most likely have referred me to a botanist with the type of questions I have in store... this plant is very mysterious. I might end up searching the Cornell agriculture department for some student bored of the land grant life to aid me in my troubles.*

And this,
is the least of my problems.

I am writing this as I unwind from a very stressful day and at the moment I have the material comforts of a beer, Mad Men, and this plant.


* And please, would the person who gave me this plant not worry. The plant is a great addition to the apartment as it adds much needed life to the space. When I got home today it was the first thing I noticed and it made me think of you and how grateful I am for your gift and advice.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, i just got my fix of, "What's happening in John's life." I am glad you were cheered by our calls!

    PS: I don't know thing about plants either... good luck mate.

    ReplyDelete